This certification course is for workers, supervisors, and JHS committees.
Course Outlines and Overview:
Confined Space Awareness
- Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors, Workers and Contractors
- Recognizing a Confined Space
- Hazard Awareness in Confined Spaces
- Preparing for Confined Space Entry and Work
- Regulations and Hazard Assessment Requirements
- Working Safely in Confined Spaces
- Emergency Planning for Confined Spaces
- Know your duties and responsibilities in performing confined space work
- Recognize the characteristics that define a permit-required confined space
- Understand the types of confined space hazards and why they are potentially harmful
- Know the types of control measures used to ensure a space is safe
- Atmospheric Testing and Ventilation
- Conducting a proper pre-entry assessment and preparation of the confined space
- Understand the necessary procedures for working inside a confined space
- Know what to do in the event of a problem or emergency
- Rescue and Permitting Systems and Requirements
- Additional Educational YouTube Videos
- Interactive test & certificate
- Time: 2.5 hours
This Confined Spaces Awareness Course will teach you all aspects of working in a Confined Space, entry and exit, to safe work and rescue procedures. It will review what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your skills at the end of the training to achieve certification.
WHY IS CONFINED SPACE TRAINING IMPORTANT?
Over a 15-year period, 18 deaths occurred in confined spaces in B.C.—more than one a year, according to WorkSafeBC statistics. Some estimates indicate more than 100 such deaths take place across Canada each year.
WHY ONLINE TRAINING?
Sending workers into the classroom for training means time off the job site, less production, and a higher cost to companies.
With online training, workers can prevent injuries on the job, learn at their own pace, review material more than once to refresh learning and a shorter training time is required (no lunch breaks, etc.)
Company benefits include the assurance that your workers are trained according to WCB regulations, preventing injuries, not having to pay for a training facility, no loss of production, can ensure completion of the course (completion certificates provided), and you're meeting your COR requirements.
Who Needs Confined Space Training?
Any individual who is required to work in a confined space, restricted space or be a stand-by person and members of the JHS Committee , including but not limited to the following industries:
- Oil and Gas
- Electrical Workers
- Cities and Townships
Free Multiple Exam Attempts
You will not be charged for each exam attempt and can view the course material and take the exam as many times as required.
Dedicated User Support
Our support team is available to help via email Monday to Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM PST
Stored Training Records
All records of your training and exam certifications are stored securely and can be accessed anytime.
Print Your PDF Certificate Immediately on Successful Completion
Certification is Valid for 3 years upon Course Completion
Printable certificate provided on program completion for awareness training but verification of use and review of the equipment on your site must be completed by a competent person verifying a hands-on practical evaluation performed in your place of employment.
$35.00Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
$55.00Fall Protection Awareness
$35.00W.H.M.I.S. 2015 Awareness
$55.00Aerial Man Lift and Scissor Lift Awareness
$55.00Ground Disturbance Awareness